POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Push-Ball Match : Re: Push-Ball Match Server Time
20 Jul 2024 23:33:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Push-Ball Match
From: Jan Walzer
Date: 14 Jun 2000 16:45:27
Message: <3947eee7@news.povray.org>
> However, I haven't had any success with this strategy. The
problem is that
> the ball is influenced by two forces (when there is two
players). You
> pushing (or smacking), and the opponent pushing (or smacking).
The
> opponent's force goes right towards your goal. So if *your*
force goes
> anywhere else but right towards his goal, the average of the
forces will
> point towards *your* half of the edge of the game field, and
the opponent
> will eventually win.
>
> That's why I think the Push-Ball game is rather limited. I
don't think it
> gives room for trying out so many different strategies.

Maybe the problem is that all the borderline is a goal, and a
contact of the ball and the border makes the game end. It would
be more pleasant to other strategies if either the anglesize of
the goals are limited and there would be some neutral area where
a ball can reflect, or to let the game run for a limited
time(maybe given in frames) and count how often the ball contacts
the goal, to decide who wins ...

This would work for the multiplayer-version to, and I think so
you can implement a new strategy of playing around your opponent
by shooting the ball (maybe only once) to your own goal, but then
it reflect into the opposit direction, and you may have got
around your opponent (you know what I mean?) ???

--

 ,',    Jan Walzer      \V/  http://wa.lzer.net     ,',
',','   student of      >|<  mailto:jan### [at] lzernet ',','