POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Missile Revisitied : Re: Missile Revisitied Server Time
2 Oct 2024 02:17:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Missile Revisitied
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 14 Jun 2000 17:42:23
Message: <3947FC3E.C6B934B9@gmx.de>
Ian Burgmyer wrote:

[...]
> Ohh man, if you want insane lens flare, look up my first one (no, on second
> though, DON'T!  ;-)  )
> I dunno, the lens flare seems alright to me.  Then again, I'm a little weird
> ;-)

Ok, the lens flare itself is not bad, it's just that something seems
missing.

> > Normally, those missels produce much smoke and steam, so you should
> > perhaps try some media :-)
>
> I did.  I used SmokeGen for POV-Ray (through the Moray plug-in, of course
> ;-)  ) to make the smoke out the back.  You can see a little smoke coming
> out the missile at the way lower-right portion of the image.  Not enough for
> the effect I wanted, but I couldn't get the plug-in to work how I wanted it.
> :-(

I looked at it again and recognized it (on the first look it seemed like
clouds on the sky and some structure on the mountain).  I thought of
really thick white smoke in the rough shape of a cone.

Christoph

--
Christoph Hormann <chr### [at] gmxde>