POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : hf_normal_at (36k) : Re: hf_normal_at (36k) Server Time
2 Oct 2024 10:22:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: hf_normal_at (36k)
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 14 Jun 2000 16:51:02
Message: <3947F036.7DEB1478@gmx.de>
Jamie Davison wrote:

> Whoops.  You can tell I don't do much in the way of hand coding scenes,
> can't you :)  (that, plus the fact that I haven't actually looked at the
> code in any way other than to see that it scared me :)

Oh, that one is really harmless ;-) , you should take a look at some
parts of the Pov-source...

> I wonder if it would be possible to do anything even remotely similar
> using plain old vanilla POV 3.1g though?

The only way I see is to read the HF-file with Pov's file I/O routines,
that would only function with ASCII files (for example PGM) and would be
extremely slow with usual HF-sizes.

> And I shall say again what I have said before.  I have the programming
> skills of a Woodlouse <grin>.
>
> Bye for now,
>      Jamie.

programming is much fun, so you should really try it.

Christoph

--
Christoph Hormann <chr### [at] gmxde>