POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Bug Report: Heightfield & Pattern : Bug Report: Heightfield & Pattern Server Time
2 Sep 2024 02:12:15 EDT (-0400)
  Bug Report: Heightfield & Pattern
From: Lee Brown
Date: 14 Jun 2000 05:07:45
Message: <39474b61@news.povray.org>
Version: MegaPOV 0.5a
OS: Windows 95b
Hardware: P2-233, 96M

Problem:

Using a height_field with the pattern modifier I have a problem when using
"phase".  The height-field becomes very badly distorted.

An example .pov file can be found in the povray.binaries.scene-files under
the subject heading of "Re: Heightfield / Pattern bug?".

Try rendering with "phase 0" and everything works as expected.
Now try rendering with phase 0.5 and you will see the problem.  Instead of
the bozo pattern changing, it becomes badly distorted.
Bumps has the same behaviour and I believe the ripples pattern also exhibits
this problem.

Please feel free to contact me if I've omitted anything.

Thanks,
Lee Brown

--

lee### [at] prodigynet