POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : hf_normal_at (36k) : Re: hf_normal_at (36k) Server Time
2 Oct 2024 04:23:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: hf_normal_at (36k)
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 14 Jun 2000 05:05:56
Message: <39474AF3.FFB8E1D5@gmx.de>
Bob Hughes schrieb:

> | | <angry>My name is Christoph</angry> :-)
>
> | | Would have been quite a lot of work manually reading the height file...
>
> Whoa, terribly sorry! I only just now realized what you were doing by saying
> this part.  I thought you were angry at the "a lot of work" thing.  Somehow I
> completely skipped over what you had said.  And I swear to you I was seeing
> Christopher written/signed everytime.  This might mean I'll need to start
> wearing my glasses at home.  Oh I hope not.
> Let me try this now... <practice> Christoph </practice>  There, I did it.
> Yea!
>
> Bob

Don't worry about it, you are not the first one to make this mistake...
AKAIK Christoph is not a very common name in english speaking countries,
so if anybody feels irritated i would prefer Chris to Christopher.

Concerning the question of official/unofficial version, I think it is
mostly a question of standards and compatibility.

Christoph

--
Christoph Hormann <chr### [at] gmxde>