POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.text.scene-files : "Twisted Lathe" Source Code : Re: "Twisted Lathe" Source Code Server Time
28 Jul 2024 14:28:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: "Twisted Lathe" Source Code
From: Tor Olav Kristensen
Date: 13 Jun 2000 16:14:19
Message: <394695BC.51145FD2@online.no>
Christoph Hormann wrote:

> Wow! that's much math :-) great work indeed!

Thank you.

> Needs some time to look through your code, but it seems very usable.
> Some practical explanations for usage would be nice of course, but as
> you said, it is work in progress.

I have included another simpler "twisted lathe" within the code.
If one un-comments it and draws the planes for this in 2D (XZ-plane)
on a piece of paper (with arrows for the normals), one might get a clue
on how to select the planes.

I'll be off-line and away from POV-Ray for some days now :(
so I'm not able to make examples and write explanations on how to
use my code. Sorry.

My employer sends me away to work on a new project for a while.
But I'll see if I can find time to explain more when I return.

> I'm curious how it looks like with some uv-mapped textures...

Please show me if you find out !
(I do not know how uv-mapped textures looks like.)

Tor Olav
--
mailto:tor### [at] hotmailcom
http://www.crosswinds.net/~tok/tokrays.html