POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : 3D-Diamonds (64kbbu) : Re: 3D-Diamonds (64kbbu) Server Time
2 Oct 2024 10:17:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 3D-Diamonds (64kbbu)
From: Harold Baize
Date: 13 Jun 2000 15:50:20
Message: <3946907c$1@news.povray.org>
The "stereo window" police will let you off with a warning
this time :-).
Ghostless image is great. No border so there can be no
window to violate- cool. Low contrast reduces ghosting,
even if poeple have faded anaglyph glasses. Nice image.

HB
"Ricardo Michel" <sil### [at] gblcombr> wrote in message
Hi Harold
    I'm a violator! How can I sleep now?
    Seriously, my mistake was to brainlessly crop the image in the wrong
place while trying to reduce its size.
    It took 5h30m to render each image used to compose the anaglyph. So,
when I decided to put it in 640x480 I just cropped it, instead of
re-rendering. I'll be more careful next time.
    I think it took this long (2x 5h30m in a PII 350MHz 128Mb) because I
insisted in using transparency, high refractive indexes and high
max_trace_level, while I could have used some simpler material.

    Well, take a look at my other image, the buckyball, in this same tread
("a 'ghostless' image"), and tell me what do you think.
    Best regards,
            Ricardo