POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Temple : Re: Temple Server Time
2 Oct 2024 04:25:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Temple
From: Bob Hughes
Date: 13 Jun 2000 09:13:02
Message: <3946335e@news.povray.org>
"Remco Poelstra" <rjp### [at] homenl> wrote in message
news:394### [at] homenl...

| I want to make a statue in the centre of the temple and in the holes
| under the roof (between the vertical lines). Any ideas of creating them?

sPatch or hamaPatch would probably be easy enough to model a simple statue to
start and then use the noise feature on it to create several variations from
the one.  Would be many many lines of pov script to include but for low detail
it could do well all around.

| Can somebody look at the source, because the roof (the red plane) cuts
| at a height of 16.5, but the top of the roof is 17.5 heigh. Is there any
| explanation for this?

Explanation:  you moved the planes to +x and -x after translating to 16.5*y,
this leaves the cutaway edges at roof top somewhat higher than the midway
height.  Although I'm surprised it turned out to be exactly 1 unit.  I didn't
recheck that myself.

Bob