POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Heightfield smooth problem : Heightfield smooth problem Server Time
2 Sep 2024 02:18:31 EDT (-0400)
  Heightfield smooth problem
From: Fabian BRAU
Date: 13 Jun 2000 06:20:16
Message: <39460AD0.9966A4AB@umh.ac.be>
Hello,

I have encountered a problem with smooth heightfield (I know I am
not alone). See in the images group. There are 3 images.

The first is the image of a SMOOTH heightfield with OFFICIAL POVRAY.
The second is the same image with MEGAPOV
The third is the same image WITHOUT SMOOTH and with MEGAPOV.

You can see the problem. I don't say that this problem of black
triangle doesn't appear with the offcial povray but this less
important.

I don't know how hard/easy is to solve this problem but...
It would be nice if someone (ok Nathan ;)) can do something.

Fabian.