POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : 'Granite' light - peculiar effect. : 'Granite' light - peculiar effect. Server Time
2 Oct 2024 04:25:17 EDT (-0400)
  'Granite' light - peculiar effect.
From: Alan
Date: 11 Jun 2000 19:21:34
Message: <39441efe@news.povray.org>
Hello.

I decided to do some simple scenes to teach myself learn how to use lights a
bit more creatively - instead of just my usual main light, fill light and
'just below the camera' light.

After enclosing a light in a sphere which had a filtered color_map applied
to it, I came across the peculiar effect in this image.  It only seems to be
the granite pattern that has this effect on the lighting.

This image was rendered using MegaPOV v0.5a, but it's not a bug as the
official v3.1g renders the same image.

I've posted the scene-file in povray.text.scene-files if anyone wants a
look.

Alan.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments: