POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Smooth Triangles? ~26k : Re: Smooth Triangles? ~26k Server Time
2 Oct 2024 04:20:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Smooth Triangles? ~26k
From: Eric Freeman
Date: 11 Jun 2000 14:00:28
Message: <3943d3bc@news.povray.org>
"Peter Cracknell" <pc### [at] lineonenet> wrote in message

> After converting it - complete with its layers to
> moray - I found that with blobs the triangles arent
> filled in, making it useless unless you want a wire
> frame, and smooth triangles, what I am working
> with not smooth.  Any ideas or is this a general
> drawback?

I've found that different converters work better/worse on different models.
Try using several different conversion programs and pick the one that does
the best job on that particular file.

Crossroads is pretty good.

http://home.europa.com/~keithr/Crossroads/index.html

Eric
http://www.datasync.com/~ericfree
"I don't like it, and I'm sorry I ever had anything to do with it."
- Erwin Schrodinger talking about Quantum Mechanics.