POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Push-Ball v1.0 example : Re: Push-Ball v1.0 example Server Time
20 Jul 2024 17:23:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Push-Ball v1.0 example
From: Rune
Date: 10 Jun 2000 17:09:31
Message: <3942ae8b@news.povray.org>
"Jan Walzer" wrote:
> Ooohhhh .... looks a bit unequal ...
> the violet one seems to be the "bad" guy ...
> they are all against him ...

Not really, it's everybody against everybody.
The ones at the sides actually tries to push the ball to the side, but they
don't quite succeed, so they end up helping the green one...

> The question is how YOUR bots determine where they finally want
> the ball get to ...
> Are they positive for any direction that is not to their own
> goal, or do they calculate a special target point where they try
> to drive the ball to ???

That's up to the bot designer. MY bots try to get down behind the ball
before they begin pushing it. However, the blue one is a bit more careful to
get back just behind the ball before it pushes, while the other three are a
bit better at catching the opportunity to push when it's there. With other
game settings (maxspeed, inertia, fieldsize, etc.) the blue one might have
won...

> Wouldn't it be a better concept to let them try to get the ball
> into their own goal and not to protect it ???

That would be really easy to change, since it really wouldn't make am actual
difference.

Anyway, thanks for your interest! I hope you will try out designing your own
bot :-)

Greetings,

Rune

---
Updated April 25: http://rsj.mobilixnet.dk
Containing 3D images, stereograms, tutorials,