POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : A beginner's first Questions! : Re: A beginner's first Questions! Server Time
5 Sep 2024 16:20:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A beginner's first Questions!
From: ryan constantine
Date: 10 Jun 2000 16:04:56
Message: <3942A069.17205E2D@yahoo.com>
ErI wrote:

> First off I'd like to say hello to everybody.  Now for the questions....
>
> 1.  Is POV-Raytracer like C++ and Visual Basic in regards to it having it's
> "own" programming language?
>
> 2.  If so how can I learn to "program" POV?
>      ( I can't find any literature on the language itself)

do you have the documentation for pov?  there is the help file and also
a .doc with the same content.  i recommend printing out the entire
document and reading it.  it is around 300 pages, so if you can print on
both sides, or multiple pages per sheet, you should.  i just started
pov'ing about 4 months ago or so and have read the docs 4 or 5 times all
the way through.  section 3 contains tutorials.  there are also links to
online tutorials at the povray website.  good luck.