POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Smooth Triangles? ~26k : Re: Smooth Triangles? ~26k Server Time
2 Oct 2024 04:22:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Smooth Triangles? ~26k
From: Bob Hughes
Date: 10 Jun 2000 09:56:34
Message: <39424912@news.povray.org>
"Peter Cracknell" <pc### [at] lineonenet> wrote in message
| with 3DWin and a downloaded obj file of a
| beetle (no reason).  After converting it - complete with its layers to
| moray - I found that with blobs the triangles arent filled in, making it
| useless unless you want a wire frame, and smooth triangles, what I am
| working with not smooth.  Any ideas or is this a general drawback?

Might use a little larger number for the Arc Step in Import Options before
angle instead of the default of 70.  I never seem to get perfect conversions
but then I don't know what the original models look like either so maybe they
start off imperfect.  But I'd have to guess the conversion degrades most
anything some.
Btw, I think I've seen that car on the road someplace  :-)

Bob