POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : A beginner's first question! : A beginner's first question! Server Time
28 Jul 2024 14:21:08 EDT (-0400)
  A beginner's first question!
From: ErI
Date: 10 Jun 2000 00:13:22
Message: <3941c062$1@news.povray.org>
First off I'd like to say hello to everybody.  Now for the questions....

1.  Is POV-Raytracer like C++ and Visual Basic in regards to it having it's
"own" programming language?

2.  If so how can I learn to "program" POV?
     ( I can't find any literature on the language itself)

  I created a wireframe object using sPatch and previewed it with sPatch's
OpenGL preview renderer.  It looked great!  Then I exported it into .pov!  I
then rendered it with POV and it looked horrible.  The OpenGL render was
smooth and was appealing to the eye, but in POV it looked like it was
rendered in 2 bit!!!  really blocky like I had a cheap video card.  The
OpenGL render looked really smooth and professional.  I don't want to give
up on POV just yet because I've seen what others have done with POV and I
was very impressed!!!  Please help!!! Also if someone decides to help but
you need more than a posting will allow you could email me if it isn't too
much trouble!!  My email address is fre### [at] fusenet!!  Any and all
help would greatly be appreciated!!

Sincerely,
Ed