POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : PP focal blur test : Re: PP focal blur test Server Time
2 Oct 2024 04:24:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: PP focal blur test
From: Bob Hughes
Date: 9 Jun 2000 06:07:11
Message: <3940c1cf@news.povray.org>
"Gail Shaw" <gsh### [at] monotixcoza> wrote in message

| I've no experience with camera, but I'm very short sighted (distance
| blurred)
| If I look at a distant object, then look at the reflection of the distant
| object, the reflection is much clearer. Therefore I think that what is
| produced
| is correct.

It may be that a lensing effect takes place due to an implied curvature going
on.  That is to say, with an almost point-like lenses such as the eyes viewing
a large area such as a mirror, even though it be flat, there is a distance
variation across the whole surface.  Same as a lens which is also based upon
distance variation.  This is what I was saying before about the water
droplets, the lensing is going to be yet another focal point.  But then I'm
not an optomologist or whatever the name is for lens scientists  8-)

Bob