POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Announce: MegaPov 0.5a available. : Re: Announce: MegaPov 0.5a available. Server Time
3 Jul 2024 08:39:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Announce: MegaPov 0.5a available.
From: Pabs
Date: 9 Jun 2000 01:38:45
Message: <39408314.89A734AF@hotmail.com>
Jetlag wrote:

> > * fixed interface-related bugs (Windows version moved to 3.1g interface)
>
> I still get lines of garbage in the message window, but the about box says
> 3.1g, could you have mixed up some files? Can anyone confirm this?

I only get the garbage using blue rock but not any of the other backgrounds
BTW I looked a MegaPOV.exe with a resource ripper & the blue rock bitmap has ~
4 lines of pixels where the blue is all the same colour and about 1/3 -1/2 the
way across the next line is also like this.
I also checked pvengine.exe & my home custom compile but neither had these
artifacts - So maybe Nathan should redownload the win3.1g src archive & make
sure the bitmap he compiles with is the correct one & has no artifacts.
BTW this still doesn't explain the colours I see - sometimes all one colour
(black/white/others), sometimes pinks, blue, grey & others - tiled pattern

Bye
Pabs