POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Modified diamond (~45 kbu) : Re: Modified diamond (~45 kbu) Server Time
2 Oct 2024 04:25:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Modified diamond (~45 kbu)
From: Richard Dault
Date: 8 Jun 2000 16:30:23
Message: <3940025f@news.povray.org>
> Nice! First time I see this with dispersion. I agree with your pigment
change,
> I have rgb <.95,.95,.99> now, but why are you using transmit?

Well, if you look at your 2 postings, the shadow directly beneath the
diamond is very dark.  This didn't seem right to me for some reason, I'd
expect some light to get through.  I thought it was maybe because the filter
was filtering too much light, so I thought I'd try transmit.  It made no
difference whatsoever.  Besides, since there is almost no colour to the
diamond, the end result is the same.  See the attached pic.  It's the exact
same code except with filter instead of transmit and no AA.

I got rid of that dark shadow by making the plane reflective.  :)

> Are you using spacing 0.01?

Yes.

> In that case I'm impressed with your system. (1G ram?)

It's just a PII 450 with 128MB of RAM.  Not using radiosity saved a lot of
time.