POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Re: my favourite slab texture : Re: my favourite slab texture Server Time
2 Oct 2024 04:22:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: my favourite slab texture
From: Scott Hill
Date: 8 Jun 2000 16:16:16
Message: <393fff10@news.povray.org>
Cheers for all you comments,

    I've found the source (attached) and have done a couple of close-ups and
adjusted the texture slightly. The first attatched image is with the
original texture, and the second is with the tweaked texture.

    The texture itself is quite simple - it's a combination of
texture_mapping and multi-layer textures. Each different element in the
overall texture (the flat rough surface, the smoother, wrinkly one and the
greenish slime/dirt) is a seperate texture in itself, these are then mapped
and layered with and over each other. Take a look at the source, you'll see
what I mean.
    I was trying for a slimey, grimey, slightly weathered paving slab, those
'natural-rock-a-like' ones that are all uneven and textured. It's not quite
there - I've really got to work on that slime/grime, but I think the feel of
the rest of it is about right.

    When I get it looking right I'll post a sample of the corroded metal
texture I'm working on for my web-site - texture mapping a-go-go.

    And look - much smaller download this time - as well as me not being
able to find the source, PSP was choking on export to .jpg before, but a
re-install sorted that little one out (though, now I think about it, it
might just have needed a re-boot).
--
Scott Hill. (sco### [at] innocentcom)
Software Engineer.

*Everything in this post is IMO.*

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'slabs1.jpg' (29 KB) Download 'slabs2.jpg' (18 KB) Download 'slabs.pov.txt' (3 KB)

Preview of image 'slabs1.jpg'
slabs1.jpg

Preview of image 'slabs2.jpg'
slabs2.jpg