POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Push-Ball Match : Re: Push-Ball Match Server Time
20 Jul 2024 17:15:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Push-Ball Match
From: Rune
Date: 8 Jun 2000 11:31:06
Message: <393fbc3a@news.povray.org>
"ryan constantine" wrote:
> very cool.

Thanks!

> i'm wondering how different the two bots are in your animation.

They're almost the same.

> so will a player be able to make any kind of bot they want?

Well, no.

> ex. arms to hit the other bot?

No.

> will there be rules for what a bot can do, or maybe can't do?

Basically, the bot is only a point, and the only thing you can control is in
which direction it should move.

> will they have to have certain standard names in order to
> interact with the ball and the playing field correctly?

Your include file can have any name that isn't in use yet. So far I have
simply called my bots "bot1.inc" "bot2.inc" etc...

> again, very cool.

Thanks. I hope you're not too disappointed over the actual facts... :-)

Greetings,

Rune

---
Updated April 25: http://rsj.mobilixnet.dk
Containing 3D images, stereograms, tutorials,