POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : isosurfaced islands and shoreline problem [~44KB Jpg] : Re: isosurfaced islands and shoreline problem (comparison) [~40KB Jpg] Server Time
2 Oct 2024 04:24:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: isosurfaced islands and shoreline problem (comparison) [~40KB Jpg]
From: Marc-Hendrik Bremer
Date: 7 Jun 2000 15:36:55
Message: <393ea457$1@news.povray.org>
I really know nothing about isosurfaces, but for me it looks like the
isosurface is "hovering" over the water and casting a shadow on it. Can you
align the camera with the watersurface and look "under" the isosurface?
It reminds me of some heightfields, were I set the water_level above the
plane for the water ...

You use noise3d for the water (which I also know really nothing about),
perhaps it extends the "clipping-box" (if there is something like that) of
the water-box in y-direction? [What should that have to do with filter or
transmit? Don't know]

Just the thoughts of a newbie, perhaps it helps (probably not :-))

Marc-Hendrik

Bob Hughes schrieb in Nachricht <393e9bbd@news.povray.org>...