POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Running Faucet (364k) : Re: Running Faucet (364k) Server Time
20 Jul 2024 17:27:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Running Faucet (364k)
From: Bob Hughes
Date: 6 Jun 2000 22:33:49
Message: <393db48d@news.povray.org>
"Dave Blandston" <gra### [at] earthlinknet> wrote in message
| "Alex McMurray" <ale### [at] melbpcorgau> wrote in message
| > Like Bob, I could not speed it up either, it does look cool, maybe this
| would
| > look better as a water fall rather that a faucet.
|
| I know of one freeware graphic viewer that will play mpgs at a faster speed
| than intended (up to 200%), and it's a fantastic program overall - Irfanview
| at http://stud1.tuwien.ac.at/~e9227474/
|
| Also, if I had read the docs for the mpg encoder before I deleted all the
| still frames I think I could have encoded the animation at a higher frame
| rate or something. Oh well.

I didn't see a 200% speed increase anywhere within IrfanView version 3.10,
only a "Double" in the Options/Video Size menu.
You could always extract the frames and drop half of them out with something
like Video Mach 2 or IrfanView (I didn't get anything usable from IrfanView
though).  Cmpeg managed to go to 50 fps upon re-encoding them, 60 fps
introduced artifacts.  Usually find Mpeg is limited to 30 fps in most anything
else.
The recompiled drip2.mpg looked a better speed for the water flow, a bit fast
for the faucet handles however, and was only 224KB; but I probably shouldn't
upload it, figure it might be a waste of space here at ~300KBau.

Bob