POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : my try at a planet : Re: my try at a planet Server Time
2 Oct 2024 04:24:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: my try at a planet
From: Darcy Johnston
Date: 6 Jun 2000 19:41:14
Message: <393d8c1a$1@news.povray.org>
"ryan constantine" <rco### [at] yahoocom> wrote in message
> to all the "dark side is too light" folks:
> i used one light, and ambient is 0.  the media of the atmosphere must be
> doing that.  any suggestions?
>
> "Chris S." wrote:
> >
> > Looks nice.  You're right about the clouds.  Also, there's way too much
> > ambient light.  The dark side of the planet should be completely black.
Try
> > setting ambient to 0 then bring diffuse up until you get the right
effect.

Well, I had some success at creating atmospheres for planets. I wrote a
tutorial about my method. You can check it out at
http://www.crosswinds.net/~dorks35 under the tutorials section.

If you have any specific questions, feel free to contact me directly, or
just post the questions here...

Darcy