POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Tommy : Re: Tommy Server Time
2 Oct 2024 04:25:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Tommy
From: Bob Hughes
Date: 5 Jun 2000 22:43:20
Message: <393c6548@news.povray.org>
"Peter Cracknell" <pc### [at] lineonenet> wrote in message
| Ta, I'll have a little play with those settings and maybe even photons again
| (I use Moray, its annoying exporting to use MegaPOV features).  It was
| modelled in SPatch, I think that between Spatch and Moray almost anything
| can be modelled (except recursive objects, which is done in POV or good
| animation, which from my experience just isn't done at all)

I think it looks fine the way it is, even if somewhat different because that's
often a part of the "art" behind this stuff.
Basically what you've done there causes the background to appear washed out
more.  This reminds me of an aged glass, minus the imperfections of color
change and surface normals which would be seen.
 I'll often use pigment colors greater than 1 instead of using the ambient.

| Andre <nania> wrote in message news:393c216a@news.povray.org...
| >
| > Photons would make a major difference in this.  try givining it about 2000
| > photons shot.
| > I'm not very good in photons myself, so if anyone else could help???

If not photons at least caustics >1.

Bob