POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : more sunset clouds (~55 Kb) : Re: more sunset clouds (~55 Kb) Server Time
2 Oct 2024 04:21:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: more sunset clouds (~55 Kb)
From: Bob Hughes
Date: 5 Jun 2000 22:18:55
Message: <393c5f8f@news.povray.org>
"DougE" <dou### [at] nlsnet> wrote in message news:393c44e9@news.povray.org...
| One of the things I've noticed when looking at clouds
| (and thinking about rendering them) is the border... the edges of a cloud
| appear to be either lighter or darker than the center, kind of like a halo
| effect.

Yes, except in this case there are probably supposed to be shadows cast
perhaps even on the edges from other clouds between them and the sun.  Never
easy to discern about such amorphous objects as clouds to begin with.
About observations, I would think this particular set of clouds might be best
set into a more misty atmosphere to do it justice.  Just my opinion of course.

Bob