POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Divergence (123K) : Re: Divergence (123K) Server Time
2 Oct 2024 04:22:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Divergence (123K)
From: David Heys
Date: 5 Jun 2000 16:54:43
Message: <393c1393@news.povray.org>
Josh English <eng### [at] spiritonecom> wrote in message
> It's a really cool image, but it's hard to see the tree near the bottom of
the
> tree. There is a glob of light that looks funny and I can't identify it.
More
> variation in the color would be nice.

Actually, there's no tree there, though the scene does tend to have a
christmas feel to it. It's purely unintended I assure you. :{)  Instead,
it's really just a glassy spiral blob thingie with a columnar area light
inside it. Add in a cone with spiral2 patterned scattering media, and a
bunch of unioned cones/spheres with emitting media for the sparklers and
that's the scene. Not much yet, but I'm happy with it so far.

> I applaud anyone who can wait 25 hours for a test render... you either
have a
> life or a second computer. ; )

Both. Two celeron 500's. One at each end of the couch in the livingroom. Two
kids and 3 cats contribute to the life. :{)

David