POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Early stage of Al the Alien : Re: Early stage of Al the Alien Server Time
20 Jul 2024 17:27:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Early stage of Al the Alien
From: Rune
Date: 4 Jun 2000 18:43:18
Message: <393adb86@news.povray.org>
"Tony[B]" wrote:
> > Hope you like Al the Alien... :-)
>
> I don't like the head. It's ugly (at least from behind).

I agree it's a little strange - he has a rather large back head. But I think
it makes him "special".

> The legs could also be a bit thicker (more muscular), don't you think?

No, actually I like the funny thin cartoony legs. Right now the arms and
legs are simply cylinders. That will be changed later, but I don't think I
will make the legs thicker.

I've used Victor Navone's excellent alien a lot for inspiration. You can see
it here. (Note the thin legs).

http://dwp.bigplanet.com/vnavone/home/

But as I said, this is just an early stage. A lot of things will be changed.

Greetings,

Rune

---
Updated April 25: http://rsj.mobilixnet.dk
Containing 3D images, stereograms, tutorials,