POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Modified diamond (~45 kbu) : Re: Modified diamond (~45 kbu) Server Time
2 Oct 2024 04:23:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Modified diamond (~45 kbu)
From: Sigmund Kyrre Aas
Date: 8 Jun 2000 13:41:13
Message: <393FDA87.562C253@kyrre.net>
Nice! First time I see this with dispersion. I agree with your pigment change,
I have rgb <.95,.95,.99> now, but why are you using transmit?

I also have problems getting bright enough caustics. I can get fairly good
refractive caustics when I don't use reflective photons. As soon as I set
photons{reflection on} refractive caustics almost totally disappear.

I just thought of something: should there be a colour_map in the light
statements to get dispersion in the refractive caustics? I've tried to port
prism.pov to mega 0.5 syntax unsuccessfully so far.

Are you using spacing 0.01? In that case I'm impressed with your system. (1G
ram?)

sig
--
ICQ 74734588