POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : my planet 2nd try : my planet 2nd try Server Time
2 Oct 2024 04:22:04 EDT (-0400)
  my planet 2nd try
From: ryan constantine
Date: 7 Jun 2000 18:07:08
Message: <393EC855.A3E06F05@yahoo.com>
i have lowered the clouds and made them whiter.  i have reduced the
atmosphere height and made it lighter overall.  the dark side is now
dark.  i'm wondering why the top and bottom center of the atmosphere is
well lit, but the right center isn't.  would that be a scattering
problem or an absorption problem?  or color intensity?  i used Darcy's
tutorial for the atmosphere.  at the scale i'm using (7200), i had to
change the first scattering density entry to [rgbf<.1,.1,.1,1>] or it
wouldn't show up. the address of Darcy's tutorial can be found as a
responce to my previous post.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'spherehfb.jpg' (106 KB)