POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Tommy : Re: Tommy Server Time
2 Oct 2024 04:21:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Tommy
From: Margus Ramst
Date: 6 Jun 2000 12:03:51
Message: <393D131C.1CBE4B35@peak.edu.ee>
Peter Cracknell wrote:

> Anyway I've just looked back my texture was
> ior 1.5 (is that good or bad?), pure white (ie full colour) and filter 0.85
> (I wanted to actually see it, was this a good idea), transparency 0 (I dont
> understand the different between filter and transparency), ambience 0.6
> (though the glass in the library had this on 0, I thought that looked silly)
> diffuse 0 etc etc.

For glass, I usually give it ambient 0, a bit of diffuse (around 0.3) and some
brilliance (2-4), plus specular etc. IOR 1.5 is OK for glass, sometimes light
fading helps too.
There isn't much you can do about the render time, reflecting glass is
notoriously slow to render.

--
Margus Ramst

Personal e-mail: mar### [at] peakeduee