POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : REALLY complex images for inspiration ... : Re: REALLY complex images for inspiration ... Server Time
2 Oct 2024 12:25:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: REALLY complex images for inspiration ...
From: Dennis Clarke
Date: 6 Jun 2000 11:09:31
Message: <393D12DD.30814B99@interlog.com>
Peter Popov wrote:

> On Fri, 02 Jun 2000 16:05:22 -0400, Dennis Clarke
> <dcl### [at] interlogcom> wrote:
>
> >oops ... yeah ... I'll refrain from posting anymore junk until I have
> >something reasonable.
>
> Please forgive me if I sounded like disregarding your work. I only
> wanted to point out that you could have jpeged that lab photo (or not
> post it at all, now I am sooooo jealous!!! :)) ).
>
> >I guess the next thing on my mind is that the quality of renders here is very
> >high.
>
> It has to do with me not posting in a long time. I'll take care to
> bring the average level down to where it once was :)

No problem ... I should really stick to where my talent lies and simply get a
version of POV-Ray tweaked to within a hair of self-destruction and get it
scripted to run across multiple systems with some degree of ease.  I find that
PVM is a pain and I just downloaded the source to Mark Gordons MegaPov
project.  I will probable get my site www.blastwave.com up and running later
today and then begin moving my POV-Ray stuff over there.  I just need to
figure out what machine I will use for the next little while.  I have a small
Sun Ultra 1 here that fits the bill nicely and maybe I can build MegaPov on
that.  What ever the case, I'll go back to getting POV to operate across
multiple CPUs and maybe multiple systems.

What are your thoughts on TerraGen and do you know any way to get it
registered these days?

Dennis