POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Does "stilllife" mean the ames as "stilleben" in german ? : Re: Does "stilllife" mean the ames as "stilleben" in german ? Server Time
2 Oct 2024 04:21:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Does "stilllife" mean the ames as "stilleben" in german ?
From: Azrael
Date: 6 Jun 2000 08:00:37
Message: <393CE7A8.B02D843B@chez.com>
> > A "Stilleben" is a kind of picture
> > which only holds nonmoving objects. Typical are a bowl of fruits, a
> > bottle or flowers.
> Hmm .. The typical bowl of fruits is there .... but what about my nice
> candles ???
> Are they moving ??? is it still a still life ? ... don't know ... just got
> no other title for the post ...

I think it's still a still life. To be sure, I checked the definition in
my dictionary and it says: "representation of fruits, flowers, foods,
games (hunted animals), and diverse objects". Is a candle falling in the
category "diverse objects"? I thought yes.

Azrael
--
May all your dreams but one become true.

Azrael <azr### [at] chezcom>
http://www.chez.com/azrael