POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.scene-files : Need help with merge! : Re: Need help with merge! Server Time
2 Sep 2024 18:21:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Need help with merge!
From: Ron Hicks
Date: 6 Jun 2000 05:11:25
Message: <393CC01E.8F61A650@yahoo.com>
Bob,

The file was very helpful with solving the cross section test I was
trying to perform.
I'm attaching the new file so you can see what I'm trying to get at.
Once you render this file you can see what I'm trying to make.
Now if I can get rid of the interior surfaces and have spotlight
illuminate the interior.
The piece will be intitled "Anatomy of Bong" show the entire bong and
then a cross-section of it by its side.
Of course I'm going to add a base and finish it off with a nice glass
texture.

Bob Hughes wrote:

> Maybe this will help illustrate better.  I don't think it actually is in need
> of 'inverse' anywhere upon checking it out more.
>
> light_source { <10,10,-10> color rgb 1}
> camera {
>   location  <0,0,-5>
>   angle 40
>   look_at   <0,0,0>
> }
> background {rgb<1,1,1>}
>
> difference { // plane slicing
> difference { // merge used here leaves both globes
> difference { // globe_1
> sphere {0,1} sphere {0,.9}
> }
> difference { // globe_2
> sphere {0,1} sphere {0,.9}
>  scale <1,1.25,1> translate .5*y
> }
> }
>  plane {z,0}
>  pigment {rgbf<1,0,0,.5>}
>  finish {specular .5}
> }
>
> This will do what you wanted I think.  I'm not sure what you were seeing
> yourself.  'merge' will leave both globes behind though so maybe that was why
> you thought it was solid.  Maybe...

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'new_bong.pov.txt' (3 KB)