POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Aliasing (77 KB GIF) : Re: Aliasing (77 KB GIF) Server Time
2 Oct 2024 12:23:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Aliasing (77 KB GIF)
From: Tor Olav Kristensen
Date: 5 Jun 2000 18:22:40
Message: <393C27C5.F078E287@online.no>
Peter Popov wrote:

> A Moire pattern is an interference pattern resulting from
> superimposing two or more grids with close parameters.

So then there are many possible "types" of Moire patterns !
I wonder if there are any 3D Moire patterns

> To answer your question about vibrational analysis, a
> French guy named Moire found this phenomenon when
> introducing vibrations into fine sand-covered glass plate
> by means of a violin bow.

Doesn't this mean that this phenomenon also is related to
minima and maxima of standing waves ?

Wouldn't standing waves in a patterned "3D-medium(s)"
then generate 3D Moire patterns ?

Tor Olav
--
mailto:tor### [at] hotmailcom