POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : update to moray xwing (3 images 63.1,35.6, 95.8KB) : Re: update to moray xwing prelim.textures 65kb Server Time
2 Oct 2024 10:19:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: update to moray xwing prelim.textures 65kb
From: ryan constantine
Date: 5 Jun 2000 02:03:00
Message: <393B4361.AB5AADB0@yahoo.com>
i posted a note in advanced-users of my current texture problems.  as
you can see, i havn't fixed the nose cone yet, nor have i added anything
to the model besides my first feeble attempt at textures.  any advice
will be appreciated.  if any of you want to try making some textures for
me, you can try a primitive version of this by making a 13 unit long box
for the fuselage and wings appropriatly proportioned.  thanks.
ryan

ryan constantine wrote:

> i know it's cliche, but i started it and i'm going to finish it.  as you
> can see, the modelling is almost done.  it's 1137 individual pieces, all
> csg.  the fuselage is a solid mesh made with spatch and converted.  i
> had 20 or so pics to look at and the videos.  appearantly there are
> about 4-6 official models including the life size one and no two are the
> same.  so, i've taken a bit of creative license in deciding which
> details to add.  still on the todo list:  landing gear (doors are done),
> cargo hatch, near and far cockpits, textures including squad striping (i
> want it all procedural).  as i said in my last post, this is only the
> third model i've ever made.  any pointers would be appreciated (i.e. i
> think i did some things the hard way).  also, if you see any glaring
> mistakes, please point them out.  any tips for procedural textures are
> welcome.  for those interested, i will make pov, inc and mdl files
> available when i'm done.

>  [Image]  [Image]  [Image]

Post a reply to this message

Attachments: