POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Cornell box, take 2 + source (30k) : Re: Cornell box, take 2 + source (30k) Server Time
2 Oct 2024 06:25:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Cornell box, take 2 + source (30k)
From: Kari Kivisalo
Date: 4 Jun 2000 15:01:11
Message: <393AA7DC.6CA0CF19@kivisalo.net>
Margus Ramst wrote:
> But it seems you have to use some rather unrealistic parameters to get there. For
> example diffuse 1.2 would mean that the surface reflects more light that it
> receives.

My point exactly. We need more predictable implementation of radiosity
and less tweaking.

Now it's almost purely quesswork but since POV wasn't build from ground
up to produce realistic simulations I shouldn't complain. After all
realistic doesn't necessarily mean it's good looking :)

Kari Kivisalo                                          www.kivisalo.net