POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : height field problem - 2-11K jpegs : Re: height field problem - 2-11K jpegs Server Time
2 Oct 2024 06:26:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: height field problem - 2-11K jpegs
From: RJay Hansen
Date: 4 Jun 2000 11:17:14
Message: <393A72BC.B024129F@rrcable.com>
Thanks for the suggestion. I experimented with this idea some and it helped the
appearance of the problem, but didn't completely eliminate it. I think further
experimentation may come up with a normal that will hide the problem, but I'm
going to follow Moon47's suggestion that since the mountain range is going to
be in the distance, I don't really need smoothing.

Once again, thanks,

RJay Hansen
e-mail: rha### [at] 2540dpif2scom
http://www.2540dpi.f2s.com