POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Aliasing (77 KB GIF) : Re: Aliasing (77 KB GIF) Server Time
2 Oct 2024 12:25:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Aliasing (77 KB GIF)
From: Bob Hughes
Date: 4 Jun 2000 01:25:57
Message: <3939e865@news.povray.org>
| Interesting. But I don't understand how
| the "bozo" pattern comes in useful.
|
| Isn't that a kind of random pattern ?

Yes.  Only as backdrop behind the interference pattern created by the lines.
Anything could go behind them, even a whole scene :-)  Don't think too much
into it and you'll understand.

| > I'd say your technique makes for a more true moire pattern.
|
| I have never seen a definition Moire patterns.
| Have you ?

an independent usually shimmering pattern seen when two geometrically regular
patterns (as two sets of parallel lines or two halftone screens) are
superimposed esp. at an acute angle

How's that?  :-)

Bob