POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Aliasing (77 KB GIF) : Re: Aliasing (77 KB GIF) Server Time
2 Oct 2024 12:22:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Aliasing (77 KB GIF)
From: Tor Olav Kristensen
Date: 3 Jun 2000 21:39:05
Message: <3939B346.3047E43B@hotmail.com>
Bob Hughes wrote:

> "Tor Olav Kristensen" <tor### [at] hotmailcom> wrote in message
>
> | Did you use the same technique ?
>
> Overlapping 'radial' patterns of black lines rotated a bit differently over a
> background plane of 'bozo' or other patterns.  Of course variations were
> tried, like bright lines, etc. later on when the subject came up again.

Interesting. But I don't understand how
the "bozo" pattern comes in useful.

Isn't that a kind of random pattern ?

> I'd say your technique makes for a more true moire pattern.

I have never seen a definition Moire patterns.
Have you ?

> | Stupid question but what is "zonk" ?
> | (I was too young in the 70's :)
>
> I would define it as what the sound might be if you heard one when first
> seeing it, but I don't really know the origin.  Ever seen Star Trek (TV) where
> they had a display near Spock's control panel which was a couple sets of
> radial lines rotated one over the other.  Same thing.  Guess they had that
> effect in the '60s too.

Sorry. I haven't seen Star Trek either.
Just small fractions of different episodes.

But I can imagine that it was a cool film
"trick" back then.

Tor Olav
--
mailto:tor### [at] hotmailcom