POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : REALLY complex images for inspiration ... : Re: REALLY complex images for inspiration ... Server Time
2 Oct 2024 12:22:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: REALLY complex images for inspiration ...
From: Margus Ramst
Date: 2 Jun 2000 17:05:27
Message: <393813C9.AA2E5CF6@peak.edu.ee>
Dennis Clarke wrote:

> oops ... yeah ... I'll refrain from posting anymore junk until I have
> something reasonable.

I'd say the best course of action in this case would be to put these images on a
webpage somewhere and provide a link to them here. This group is, after all, for
POV-Ray images. While small example photos might be fine, your examples are by
definition large and detailed.

On another note, it is really not fair to say that these images are difficult to
do in POV. I've said it before and I'll say it again: POV is, first and
foremost, a renderer not a modeller. So, while it might be difficult to
hand-code, let's say, the dino scene, you could quite easily achieve a quality
render provided you have used a more suitable tool to create the models.
Hand-coding can be very powerful - even the Big Boys use it in their tools - but
it is not suited for every job.

--
Margus Ramst

Personal e-mail: mar### [at] peakeduee