POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : Creating animations out of images : Creating animations out of images Server Time
28 Jul 2024 16:18:29 EDT (-0400)
  Creating animations out of images
From: Simon Lemieux
Date: 2 Jun 2000 14:28:17
Message: <3937FD2F.4DD1C481@yahoo.com>
Hi,
	I've been working on linux for a few months now and I love to play with Povray,
making stills and animations, however, for the animations I use a very little
program that makes avis out of a serie of ppm images.  I can play them on my
computer fine, but can't on my other macintoshes and can't on any other PC! :(

	I've search for another program, but all I found was one that didn't work even
on my machine.

	I was wondering if anybody had success with any program they got.  Also, I ask
this because, I'm planning to enter the IRTC competition soon (maybe next round)
and I would like to be prepared to build an animation that will actually work
for the competition.  Since I'm used to "convert" I can output almost any
picture format, so that's not a problem, but I would like to output to mpeg
format...

Thanks,
	Simon Lemieux