POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Aliasing (77 KB GIF) : Re: Aliasing (77 KB GIF) Server Time
2 Oct 2024 06:23:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Aliasing (77 KB GIF)
From: Tor Olav Kristensen
Date: 2 Jun 2000 12:26:51
Message: <3937E050.EF990F20@hotmail.com>
Peter Popov wrote:

> Cool! Some time age (13 years? Man, does time fly by!) I made a BASIC
> program for my Apple IIe which produced Moire patterns. Back then I
> would have never thought of them as of something other than beautiful.

But are there any useful applications for them ?

> This image reminds me of the good ole days (though yours probably
> didn't take as long to render, an hour and a half at 280*192 :) ).
> Very, very soothing.

17 years ago I ordered a Sinclair ZX Spectrum
from England.

Back then I did some experimenting with Lissajous
curves in 2D, and sometimes when plotting those,
nice Moire patterns appeared.

> BTW I've found a great way of making tileable moire patterns in
> PhotoShop so the good ole days are back <g>

How do you do this ?

Tor Olav
--
mailto:tor### [at] hotmailcom