POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : REALLY complex images for inspiration ... : Re: REALLY complex images for inspiration ... Server Time
2 Oct 2024 06:26:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: REALLY complex images for inspiration ...
From: Mick Hazelgrove
Date: 2 Jun 2000 04:37:13
Message: <39377239$1@news.povray.org>
To recreate all the complexity of even a simple scene would require IBM's
latest and greatest ice computer capable of trillions of instructions pers
econd and about as much memory as all the atoms in the known universe!!!!
 allright I'm exagerating...slightly}

I know I've tried it...

Mick

>If you were to recreate the world(with tree include files that have many
branches, radiosity, media, plus >any isosurface) it would take a tremendous
amount of time to parse and render.  I'm talking about >scenes that would
probably require a better computer (at least better that my worthless
Compaq).  Such >computers as those nice $20,000 SGI's (a little out of my
price range