POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : REALLY complex images for inspiration ... : Re: REALLY complex images for inspiration ... Server Time
2 Oct 2024 06:27:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: REALLY complex images for inspiration ...
From: Brendan Orr
Date: 1 Jun 2000 20:10:37
Message: <3936fb7d@news.povray.org>
The thing to remember is that they are probably mixing actual footage(w/
pyrotechnics and whatnot) with CG.  An example would be in Dinosaurs
with the background bieng actual and the dinosaur and other objects
being digital.

If you were to recreate the world(with tree include files that have many
branches, radiosity, media, plus any isosurface) it would take a
tremendous amount of time to parse and render.  I'm talking about scenes
that would probably require a better computer (at least better that my
worthless Compaq).  Such computers as those nice $20,000 SGI's (a little
out of my price range)

            Brendan Orr

Post a reply to this message

Attachments: