POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : FINAL Cornell box rendering... : FINAL Cornell box rendering... Server Time
2 Sep 2024 04:13:42 EDT (-0400)
  FINAL Cornell box rendering...
From: Stephane Marty
Date: 1 Jun 2000 17:55:52
Message: <3936DB23.7140@wanadoo.fr>
As I proposed to you a few days ago, I've converted the original
"cornell box" scene to PoV. Both have exactly the same frame. However,
don't forget that the original rendering was done in spectral space so,
because of the loss of accuracy, we have a visible colorimetric
difference.

At the same time, I fixed a few bugs in my stochastic global
illumination patch and I made a small improvement. I updated all my ZIP
files (except the doc but including a patched MegaPoV 0.5) so you can
download the last release.

The page
http://perso.wanadoo.fr/albedo/cornell.html
contents a few test rendering samples (Original from cornell -> MegaPoV
(original) Radiosity -> MegaPoV (stochastic) Radiosity a.k.a my patch)
and the PoV source code.
They're only 256x256 & no AA because I didn't have time to do more
(sorry !).
Please feel free to use this PoV source to do your own tests. I'm sure
you will find better "radiosity { }" parameters than me !

Stephane Marty
Computer Graphics Software
http://perso.wanadoo.fr/albedo