POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Crown of diamond (50KB) : Re: Crown of diamond [150kb] Server Time
2 Oct 2024 12:25:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Crown of diamond [150kb]
From: Tor Olav Kristensen
Date: 1 Jun 2000 11:24:53
Message: <3936803C.11BA1A74@hotmail.com>

> I does look like it is a little bigger than it is supposed to be, yes.
> Also, a brilliant cut diamond is supposed to have 58 facets, and not 74
> facets as in your diamond?

In my shape there are 16 small facets that make
up the girdle line.

I don't think that these usually are counted
in the total.

To get a diamond without these facets, then
just remove these two lines from the Brilliant
declaration in the source code:

MCircleSpread(plane { y, 0 rotate  -90*z }, 6.20, FacetSides, 1/4)
MCircleSpread(plane { y, 0 rotate  -90*z }, 6.20, FacetSides, 3/4)

(Also increase the 6.20 number in the bounded
by statement.)

> > Thank you for rendering it with photons.
>
> Your welcome, I've traced a new version with radiosity and a little
> different settings.

It looks less noisy now.

Thank you for this too.

> > Could you please post the code with your
> > modifications for Photons ?
>
> But of course.

Thanks.

I'm looking at it now trying to figure out what
is happening.

Tor Olav
--
mailto:tor### [at] hotmailcom