POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : height field problem - 2-11K jpegs : Re: height field problem - 2-11K jpegs Server Time
2 Oct 2024 06:25:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: height field problem - 2-11K jpegs
From: Mick Hazelgrove
Date: 1 Jun 2000 05:26:04
Message: <39362c2c$1@news.povray.org>
This often happens, just use a heavy normal eg normal{bumps 100 scale .1} or
whatever a varied color map and anything else you can think of.

Just lately I've been using the following technique a lot it may help

    normal{
        spiral1 2 frequency 10 normal_map{
            #declare Count = 1;
                #while(Count<10)
                    [ 1 agate 2.5/Count turbulence .25 scale 2/Count]
                    [ 1 crackle .75/Count  scale 2/Count]
                    [ 1 bumps 1/Count turbulence .55 scale 2/Count]
                #declare Count = Count+1;
                #end
                }

hope this helps