POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.scene-files : height field problem - 64K zip file : height field problem - 64K zip file Server Time
2 Sep 2024 18:14:34 EDT (-0400)
  height field problem - 64K zip file
From: RJay Hansen
Date: 31 May 2000 23:29:15
Message: <3935D84A.27CFBA05@rrcable.com>
Hello,

I am having a problem with a heightfield . I painted my heightfield
image in Photoshop with the airbrush tool and saved the file as a
grayscale Targa. It is intended to be a mountain range decending in
height from the left, which will be in the background in my scene.

The problem is when I render it with smoothing on, what appear to be
holes show up in the mountains. If I disable smoothing the holes
disappear. I've spent a fair amount of time trying to figure this out.
I've tried blurring my original image various amounts, using different
resolutions from 500 x 500 to 1200 x 1200 ppi and saving the image as a
png file. I've also moved the camera around and tried rotating the
height field object slightly on the suggestion of others but nothing has

helped.

I suspect the problem lies with the image file but I don't know what it
is. Maybe I'm doing something stupid. I've uploaded them in a zip file
if anyone cares to take a look. I also uploaded a couple of jpegs of the
problem to the binaries.images news group.

Thanks

http://www.2540dpi.f2s.com
e-mail: rha### [at] 2540dpif2scom

Post a reply to this message