POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Re: Stochastic Radiosity Patch for PoV 3.1g : Re: Stochastic Radiosity Patch for PoV 3.1g Server Time
2 Sep 2024 10:18:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Stochastic Radiosity Patch for PoV 3.1g
From: Warp
Date: 31 May 2000 05:00:25
Message: <3934d4a9@news.povray.org>
By the way, I would like to apologize for attacking you so aggressively.
  It is not my intention to attack you or say that your work is worthless.
This kind of work is never worthless, all the contrary. Although it
certainly may sound like I don't appreciate your work, that's not true.
If people would not try algorithms and methods in patches we would not have
outstanding new features like photon mapping, isosurfaces and so on. These
are the result of people trying and making patches to see how do they work.
  I just tried to express my personal opinion, which can be sometimes quite
strong (and somehow I always manage to write in a form that sounds stronger
than I intended).
  Your work is very valuable and it's a good testbed for the algorithm you
used and I'm sure that something useful can be generated from it. I just
tried to express that, at least in the current form, I personally like more
the current megapov solution. It doesn't mean that your solution could not
be even better if some minor problems are optimized.