POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Crown of diamond (50KB) : Re: Crown of diamond (50KB) Server Time
2 Oct 2024 12:22:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Crown of diamond (50KB)
From: Børge Berg-Olsen
Date: 30 May 2000 16:11:03
Message: <39341F60.D8060BF5@dod.no>
Sigmund Kyrre Aas wrote:

> > Uhm, I'm not sure if I should tell you this, but my PIII 650 Mhz took 24
> > minutes to render ed this image...
>

> what causing the hole. I guess it should have a flat tip since Tor Olav
> obviously has done good research on this.

Yes, I was wrong, he is right ... the tip should be flat, but it is
exaggerated in the model.

> The dispersed light has a strange dirty look.

I belive that the dirty looks comes from the pigment settings of the
diamond texture. I tried to set it to rgbf <1.0, 1.0, 1.0, 0.95> to see
if it improved things, but I will not know before another ... ohh, 20
hours or so. :-) If I bother to trace the image.

> I'm surprised of the speed. I made a triangle mesh for my diamond because I
> thought csg would be slow.

Well, the quality settings weren't that good. The last image I traced,
the one with radiosity, took about 22 hours.

  +47 90 62 71 78          DoD#2101, DoDRT#017, NIC#015, PJ#006, OGM#007
  azo### [at] dodno, Ducati M600              Ubesudlet: Aldri eid en J&%#PS.